Sunday, March 23, 2014

Fire in the hole!

This morning I met Mic at my car. I wanted to take it for a spin to see if it would still drive after I took the LPG kit out. Also I wanted to test if the electric choke worked. Therefore I wanted to start the engine without the air cleaner on it.

This was gonna give us some unexpected fun as you can see below...

Starting the engine for the first time today. Petrol inside the carburetor caught fire nearly immediately. It scared the shit out of me. This image looks bad though. It's a still from a movie, flames were actually quite small.

More like this. And there was Mic, filming away while my engine was on fire ;-)

Time for a second try, things like this happen yeah? Oh, oops.

It went better on the third try and in the end we even managed to take the car for a spin. I think ignition timing isn't great... Needs investigating.

The village where my car is parked is close to the airport.

I can't just play with fire. I can also make decent food ;-)

No comments: