Monday, June 21, 2010

I need a new shower...

I worked from home today because I felt like shit after a very bad night of sleep. I had a small lunch break outside.

I noticed spots on one of the walls becoming larger and more yellow...

I had a small idea what was causing this and so I had a look.

Jackpot! Wood rotting everywhere. I could poke right through. The wall is made of those big white building blocks, loves water like a sponge. Hence the spots on the other side of the wall...

So now I'm looking at replacing my shower. At least I get to pick a nice new one.

And finally I cooked again. Cantonese chicken is what this is supposed to be. It was my first bit of cookery in my new place and it was successful. I made a lot. Enough for dinner AND 3 lunches :-)

2 comments:

Gledwood said...

That looks just like takeaway. Just like it....
Are you saying the shower caused all that damage? Aren't they sposed to tile bathrooms with waterproof grouting, or whatever? It sounds awfully inconvenient. And if those blocks are so bad why the hell use 'em?

If you're not feeling better in a couple of days I'd go dr's if I were you :-(

Vincent said...

It looks good and it tastes good :-)

I'm feeling a bit better btw. Thank you :-)