Saturday, June 26, 2010

I saw a ball fly past... I think.

This is where Amsterdam rubbish is turned in to steam, clean steam. Website. Every bit of waste gets turned in to something useful. The heat is used to produce energy. Metals etc. get preserved, harmful stuff gets picked out and stuff that doesn't really burn gets turned in to asphalt. There is only steam coming out of those chimneys.

I went to Alkmaar to investigate what is involved in making a new shower. This is a shower drain that I just adore. It's gonna be my saviour for this project I think.

Then I went to the DIY store where I worked for 7 years during my studies to look for a shower cabin. A nice one is expensive! Anyway, I worked this isle 7 years.

I worked this isle for 7 years too. Basically I worked the whole back of the shop: Wood, gardening, doors, roofing, tiles and plumbing.

I used my dad's bike to get around. I hadn't cycled for a while, it felt funny. It was nice to ride through the park again.

My parents' back garden.

I played tennis with Ilse and Cassie in the afternoon. It was quite warm (not as hot as in Adelaide but still...). A good effort was put in by all, which is commendable.

My and Ilse.

Me and Cassie. Who absolutely wiped the floor with me (she was a child-tennis-star and obviously still has the touch). Why is it that such a little person can ace me and all my balls hit the net? Hmmm....

On the way back in the train. I was tired and had stuff on my mind.

Driving through the grass lands.

The Elastic band was playing in Mulligans!

2 comments:

Ilse said...

Ik hoor hier in huis iemand toch een beetje kreunen van spierpijn en ik ben het niet... ;-)

Het was leuk, en voor herhaling vatbaar hoor. We horen wel wanneer je weer zin hebt om een balletje te slaan.

Ilse said...

Ik moet zeggen dat het geen spierpijn is maar een zere teen. Wel zit er inmiddels een beetje vocht in Cassie haar knieen.