Thursday, November 4, 2010

Little Cocky-boy has left the building.

Today I heard that on November 1st, All Saints day, my little very big friend Cocky-boy has died. I like animals but I never had anything with birds really except for this little Galah. He died at the age of 40+ (human years). He was always in good spirits and he loved the big cage that Nicole and I bought for him. He could speak, dance AND laugh. I think he actually learned to laugh from me, correct me if I'm wrong... Whenever you would approach his cage he'd always come up to you for a little pat on the head. It was so nice to come home late at night and he'd welcome you with "Hello! Hello cocky! Hello cocky-boy". And if I'd start to laugh, he'd sometimes frantically take over until he almost choked. I hope his little bird spirit is now free and that he will return as a beautiful strong Galah again and fly over Australia in freedom.





My day:

Somebody was not very awake when putting up the flag...

It was very windy today, not too wet thankfully.

I got my storm umbrella. This is a droplet shaped brolly that can withstand very hard wind due to it's shape but also it's construction. It's a Dutch invention and it doesn't come cheap.

2 comments:

Gianna said...

RIP cocky boy. Hope to see you flying again over our skies....

Anonymous said...

Cocky laught after Gavin's mum ( he was her bird) and he caughed to, he was lovely and we miss him very much.
vicky