Saturday, December 4, 2010

Visiting the family

We got a bit more snow overnight and in the morning. Everything was covered by a pretty white coat.

I had to go to Alkmaar. This involves public transport. Now, when it comes to public transport, the Netherlands is sometimes a bit of a third world country, especially when a few snowflakes come down.

I managed to catch a tram, that was good. No, great. Because soon tram-shit would hit the fan, I later found out.

Behind the palace.

Magna Plaza.

I didn't have to rush for a train because the first two I got on weren't leaving and the third left 15 minutes late. But eventually it started rolling. However, 1 minute after leaving the station it was announced that more switches were frozen AND there was a broken down train further ahead. Therefore we were re-routed and ETA was pushed forward 30-60 minutes. Grand.

But I was in a good mood and it was warm in the train and I had a nice seat and I was thinking of my first stop so no worries.

(click to enlarge - so you can see prizes and realise this is not children's toys ;-)
This was my first stop you see. Huider model railroad shop in Heerhugowaard. I'll show you my purchase later on ;-)

There were funny patterns on the floor in the train. Dried up salty sludge.

At my parent's place it was nice and warm and after coffee we played monopoly. I didn't land on a lot of available property so I wasn't able to buy much.

To make matters worse I landed on "Income tax, pay f200" 4 times in a row meaning I missed out on my "When you pass 'start' you get f200" 4 times! That joke put me f800 behind everyone else!!!

My dad at some point was a gigantic pain in the arse, mainly Ilse's... She not amused and threatened to leave the table. My mom not amused in turn and burned down my dad. After 5 more turns of us showing great patience he buckled.

Nevertheless I blame my incredibly unfortunate start for my early bankruptcy.

(click to enlarge)
So, this was my model railroad purchase. A Dutch railways (NS) 1301 e-locomotive. A model I've wanted to add to my collection for a long time but simple wasn't being manufactured in 1:160.

Dinner time! All was peaceful again in the house of Koopman. That's what food does to us I guess.

My mom had bought a very nice selection of food that we could prepare ourselves in little pans. It was fun and lovely. I had a great day :-)

2 comments:

Ilse said...

Yeah, it was great, except the monopoly-game. Good mum won, and not dad!

marian said...

jessss, it's a was the winner!!!!!
And the food was mmmmmmmm, lekker!!