Saturday, March 19, 2011

The walk

The remains of a party next door last night that kept me awake till 5AM. There were about 30-40 drunk 16-25 year olds misbehaving from 11PM till about 4:30AM. I caught one pissing in my doorway but fortunately I could not get my hands on him. I had a little chat with the father of the organizer in the morning who was apologetic and apart from cleaning this mess also cleaned my doorway from piss. He also said that the next party will have to be elsewhere as they also need to have their newly painted stairwell painted again...

To clear out the disgusting smell of cigarette smoke from last night's horde I opened my window and a curious little cat person came to say hello. It was a nice encounter.

Around noon I took the train to Haarlem to see Marjolein.

We visited an old classmate of mine who is now a gold smith. It was nice to see him again. He used to come in my regular pub as well but stopped doing so since he doesn't work here anymore. He's going to fix my gold ring that broke a few weeks ago.

He can make really nice things. This is an example of an engraving he made.

Then we took the bus to the dunes.

The weather was awesome!

First walk in the dunes for me in about ehm... 15 years?

Marjolein and I.

Dunes.

We reached the beach which looked beautiful.

After a few cups of tea and apple pie the sun had started setting and we went home.

2 comments:

Ilse said...

Dat eerste water, in de duinen, waar is dat? Dat ziet er mooi uit, zou je er in de zomer kunnen zwemmen?

Vincent said...

@ Ilse: Ja, kan wel, is ook een strandje maar Marjolein zei dat er ook vaak blauw alg in zit...