Saturday, October 22, 2011

Fixing my garden

(Click to enlarge)
Wednesday morning I made a disturbing discovery! 1 cm wide cracks appeared in the sidewalk in front of my house. The tiles were pushed towards my garden, pushing a dent in my garden's border.
The most surprising of it all is that I can't imagine this happening overnight and I never noticed a thing until last wednesday morning when I went to work! Odd...

So this morning I took out the tiles. See the dent? Can't have that kind of bull shit! My border has to be neat! ;-)

(Click to enlarge)
I removed some sand and put the border in it's original, straight line again.

See how straight that is? That's how I like it! He-he-he.

I put the tiles back in and that's that. I think the garden dirt got too dry and shrunk a bit, giving room for the tiles to move.

Early arvo I went to buy a few things for halloween. I hadn't had lunch yet so I picked up some chips at Wil's. He's a legend in the area. Very free spirit, nice guy.

I sat in one of the gigantic chairs next to the Wester kerk eating chips and spotting the local talent ;-P

Tower of the Wester kerk.

(Click to enlarge)
Typical canal. The houses in the middle are the ones Anne Frank looked at from her hiding place.

(Click to enlarge)
I went to a shop where they sell fun things.

Pretty berries on my walk home.

I still had energy left (I'm still recovering from a bad cold) and I cycled to the DIY store. I spent over 50 euro and because of that I got a free Lego toy!

1 comment:

marian said...

en zo blij als een kind....