Thursday, November 3, 2011

1500 ~ The request

Dear readers of my blog,

Today I post my 1500th blog post! I didn't even realize I had made that many until a few days ago. I don't know what or how to feel. It all started as a way for family and friends in The Netherlands to see how I would fare in Adelaide, sunny Australia, where I moved to at the end of 2007.
Fate decided otherwise however and I went back to the black and white movie called "The Netherlands" at the end of 2009.

My first post is from Monday October 29, 2007, more than 4 years ago today. It was my last working day before I moved and it feels so far away... Between then and now so much has happened that I wouldn't know where to start telling, if I wanted to. But really I don't have to because I made pictures every single day of my life from that day on.

"Only" 4 years of age, this blog is an invaluable part of my life showing my highest high and my lowest low. I have shared a lot of my life (up to a certain level ;-P ) with people whom I know and people whom I don't know because this blog can be viewed by anyone from all over the world.

Therefore I would like to ask you to leave a comment, letting me know who you are. Just a short comment that says who you are and where you come from. I would like to know who my readers are :-)

Thank you for reading or even keeping up with my blog. Let's do another 1500!

Yours truly,
Vincent.

PS: There ~is~ a picture of me having a shower outside in the garden somewhere but even I can't find it anymore... ;-)

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

1500 posts:
(Click to enlarge)

10 comments:

marian said...

Een trouwe leester uit Alkmaar!!!

Marjolein said...

You know who I am! ;-)

Renate said...

been reading your blog long before I knew you in person, all thanks to Kees who started his own as a reply.

As great as FB is for moments, this is for keeps, and that is why I like it.

Btw, I hope you keep backups, just in case. And for your grandchildren ;-P

Anonymous said...

You knowus and wee are honored to know you! I know you can read between the lines and I am looking every day for your Blob with plesure and wish you well always,
keep bloging please, love Vicky xx

Anonymous said...

Sorry for the spelling, I wonted to tell you all at once... Vicky x

Gianna said...

Hi Vincent
It's been a joy following your blog and being able to spend some time in person when you were living in Adelaide. Thanks for keeping the blog going as it's truly a wonderful way to share some of your insights!
All the best and here's to at least another 1500 :-)

Jan / Duitsland said...

Comment.

Anonymous said...

Hello from N. Z., stumbled on your blog from Konagod. I enjoy the pics. And living vicariously through other peoples lives! Reading blogs is a great insight into the everyday existence of people from all over the world. I have learnt we all share the same joys, sorrows and ambitions no matter where we are from. Keep up the good work, and i wish you continuing happiness in your life.
From Kiwigirl.

Anonymous said...

Happy fourth Blogiversary from Australia! X Ruud and Angeli

Vincent said...

Thank you all for your comments! It's nice to be in touch with my audience ;-)