Monday, April 30, 2012

Queens day 2012

It was Queens day today, the day we celebrate the birthday of one of our former queens. There are parties every where and nearly every city or village has a "free market", a market where everybody can pick a spot and sell stuff. Even stuff nobody wants anymore...

Here are my queens day pictures. Please click them for a bigger version.


I left the house around ehm, 11 I think and walked through the Vondelpark.


It was already very busy.

This park is traditionally a family thing so there are lots of kids. Some people sell their second hand shit stuff and others sell (homemade) food and some let you throw eggs at them for money.



Yours truly.

I sat down at a quiet spot to cool down as it was very warm. I started photographing some people with funny hats.

Wigs...

Crowns...

Cowboy hats...

Fancy hats...

Funny hats.

This boy was drumming and hr was awesome. There was a very large crowd around him when he was playing. I gave him some financial support ;-)

Mid arvo I went for a second walk and took my big camera so i could take some better pictures. I walked towards the Elandsgracht this time.

The Elandsgracht. When I was half way it got too crowded and I went back.

I stood on a bridge for a while.







I wanted to photographs these two girls. One had bunny ears and the other a huge wig. My camera was a bit slow and they a bit fast so instead it turned in to a close-up. But you can still see the wig and the bunny ears. And me too! :-)

Other girls being interviewed. No idea for which station. Can't be AT5, the crew looks way too old...


No comments: