Thursday, July 26, 2012

Cyling through Zeeburg

Very good techno music on my way to work.

View from the bus.

Walking the last stretch to work.

Having a small break outside at work.

And walking back to the ferry again. This flower caught my eye yesterday. I like it.

The weather was so nice and it's gonna be over so soon that I just had to get on my bike. Here is the Choppermeister.

I had no plan and went East towards Flevopark. At some point I felt a strong urge to take a left, an area I had never been before. And so I ended up in Zeeburg.

Very nice and interesting area! It's got re-used warehouses everywhere and the whole area used to be docklands with lots of islands that were once made to be harbours but then lost their use.

I reckon these are still WWII bullet holes.

Map of the area.

Cool new building. There is some awesome architecture in this area.

At some point all of the sudden I found myself at the edge of the city. It's just ended, right there, at the water. It felt weird and exciting, like I had discovered something.

I took a break at this special place.

Awesome bridge.

Statue.

Another statue called "Zeeman op de uitkijk".

I had a break at the head of Java island. Great views and there's also a great little park that may need to be used for a picnic someday!

On my way back home I cycled through the Jordaan.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That orange is awesome! Where is it?
Groetjes, Angeli

Anonymous said...

*orange BRIDGE*
-Angeli

Vincent said...

Hey Angeli! :-)

If you wanna have a look at the picture with the area map, that bridge is at the outer ends between the two green islands.

It's an amazing and architecture-rich area like I've never seen here in town...

Take care!
X, V.