Saturday, December 15, 2012

The spider and the pony

I spotted this little spider spinning a web. Pretty cool, don't get to see that every day. Well, I don't anyway!

Hi! Don't mind if I take any piccies?

It was cool to see how it spun.

Soon after, Mic came over. He has a car with a full battery and I might need that to start my car.

So we went to Gerrit's place and had tea first. Then the tree of us went down to see if it would start by just using the new starting technique I learned about this week. It is:

  1. Turn key twice to make contact. This opens gas/LPG valve and starts the LPG vaporizer.
  2. Floor the gas pedal and let go. This opens the choke right above the carburator.
  3. Start the car with maybe a little gas.

The Mustang fired (well, "exploded" explains the sound more accurately perhaps ;-) ) within 2 seconds. All the panic was for nothing! No need to jump start the car either. So I let it warm up for a minute and then switched to petrol instead of LPG. Since the weather was OK I decided to drive it to its new home where it will be taken care of and stay dry and warm during winter. Mic lead the way coz he has navigation (some kind anyway...) and we drove through the city centre which was nice.

Later I walked in to town.

I had been in doors all bloody week and I was dying to get out a bit.

I met Gerrit for a pint or 2 in Mulligans. Yumm!

No comments: