Monday, October 28, 2013

The apocalypse is coming! ;-)

Awesome skies this morning. The weather forecast was grim. They promised storm.

So the storm came. Not so much rain but mostly really strong wind. In some places we later heard it was hurricane strength... This tree in front of my window at work was having a hard time.

And even harder still.

And then it disappeared.

But then we found it again. On top of my colleagues car!

I always get a bit sad when a tree dies. Trees take so long to grow so big and they make us oxygen...

This tree seemed to have a little problem. It didn't look very well at the bottom anymore. I guess it's a bit of natural selection, but still...

Then I heard about one of the Ocean Diva's that had gone adrift. I naturally went to investigate.

It was the one that looks like a Starship from the TV show "Star Trek".

It was bumping against one of the walkways of the marina that was recently build.

I think most damage was actually done to the other Ocean Diva that was behind it.

The wind also blew away some scaffolding. Thing is... there's a parking lot underneath...

My mom sent me this photo of my dad. I had to laugh so hard because she made him post next to the tree. Apart from this making me laugh, it also made me sad because it was a very tall tree :-/

I moved some stuff around and was able to move more things from the kitchen (not kitchen stuff in it though!) in to the living room where it belongs. It makes the living room look less cluttered and my kitchen is quite empty now :-)

No comments: