Wednesday, January 29, 2014

The carburetor

I had the day off and went to my car in the afternoon. It was freezing cold but I really wanted to get to the serial number of my carburetor and also I wanted to remove the petrol hose and the petrol cut-off (little green thing in the middle) and replace all that with a new hose without cut-off.

I started by removing the fucking ugly air cleaner. It's not coming back!

And there it is, a 4 barrel Holley carburetor from I dunno when... Previous owners ripped out the choke-plate damnit. I was not pleased discovering that...

There is the serial I wanted to see. I need to know this in order to find out where the PCV port is...

I replaced the hose (little green thing is gone!) and mounted my new air cleaner. Does this look a hellofalot better or what?!

While I was working Simone and her little boy dropped by. I think he liked my car but he liked sliding on the sandy floor better ;-)

No comments: