Sunday, May 4, 2014

Remembrance day

Sunday morning. Lazy morning. Fish watching morning.

I bought a new key-ring in Italy to replace my other key-ring I received as a gift a long time ago. I got some damn good milage out of that one! I hope this new one will be just as good for me...

After spending the day with Simone and her kids I went in to town to Dam square to join the 4th of May remembrance service. Our King and Queen attended as well. There is a 2 minute silence at 20:00 to remember all of those who fell during the second world war while fighting for our freedom.

The palace.

King Wim-Lex and Queen Maxima entering the square from their palace. For non-Dutch readers: They do not actually live there.

After the ceremony I walked back to my house along the beautiful Amsterdam canals.

The Wester church.

Yellow roses.



No comments: