Sunday, May 18, 2014

The Massaman curry

The weather was great today! I walked to the Apple store a few blocks down and made a selfie on the way with the sun on my face. Happy days!

This is the fountain in front of the Hotel American. I went to the Apple tore across the road to see the differences between 11" and 13" Macbooks. IF, I'm saying "IF" here, so IF I buy one, it will have to be 13". 11" is just too small... But it's also about a thousand euros and that's rather steep.

On my way home again I got beef, coconut cream, potatoes, peanuts and onions. Marjolein gave my this Thai massaman curry paste a long time ago and I had to use it before the use-by date expired.

So I started combining the paste and the cream.

Then I added beef, potatoes, peanuts and onion and let it simmer for 1.5 hours.

I love the shoots on my little Christmas tree.

I really need to re-pot it in a bigger pot soon...

Meanwhile my curry was finished so I quickly cooked some pandan rice. Very nice dish! I did learn though that the peanuts and potatoes can go in a bit later. The beef could've cooked longer.

After dinner I met Mic for a bit of squash. We did some old-men squash tonight. Still good fun and every calorie burned is good.

After-squash in the sun :-)

We sat in the sun and chatted for a while.

No comments: