Friday, November 28, 2014

The second proteine diet, day 4.

This morning I got unpleasantly surprised by 2 big trucks and a load of workmen circling around the tree in front of my house. I immediately went outside to ask them what they were going to do. It appeared that this tree is rotting near the bottom and has a high risk of being blown over during a heavy storm. So that's that. The council had stuck a note on the tree but on the side so that I never saw it. It's a real shame because it's a beautiful and rather large tree and it makes the canal I live on very green in summer. I'm quite sure it will be replaced but a tree also is 'life' and I'm always sad when they cut a tree down. I don't even like throwing away plants...

Just before 8AM they started cutting it up in pieces. Very efficient. I'm sure it will be totally gone in an hour or so.

There goes the first branch.

While one truck reaches for the next branch, the other one cuts up the previous branch.

And then it was business as usual again. Take the ferry to work. The boy on the right looked like he was not yet ready for today ;-)

I had this soup for lunch. It's diet soup. Spinach and chicken I believe.

Walking to Simone's house I spotted this tree a few times before. I like it a lot. It looks like fireworks :-)

Still playing, still getting new warriors, still enjoy this game :-)

No comments: