Tuesday, December 23, 2014

The second proteine diet, day 29 / Amsterdam Light Festival 2014

Close to my work this party cruiser is now docked. Its designer must've watched a lot of Star Trek!

My colleague Alex put chocolates in my tree at work! Very nice of him :-)

Simone, her kids and mom picked me up after work and we went into town. Since we were close we bought some coffee.

Not everybody is convinced about the quality so they need to be hypnotised.

The Christmas tree at Dam square is lit up nicely again.

Look! It's us! :-)

The Amsterdam Light Festival is on. There is a route that you can walk and there's one that you "should" do by boat. We did the walk tonight. It starts at this heart, to which you can send a message to let it know your country and then it will show your countries flag. I guess there were Americans nearby.

Here are some more photos:

















One of my favourites.









This sphere had tons of little lights in it, powered by (nearly) empty batteries that people could hand in. The more batteries people "donated" the more lights would turn on. It was pointing out that people should recycle more things.

This was my least favourite one.













I liked this one and the next two a lot. They are 3 sheets with rice shaped holes in them to make a drawing. Very nicely done I think.











And this is the last one. It was a fun evening and good exercise too! ;-)

No comments: