Saturday, January 3, 2015

Happy birthday Simone! / Madame Tussaud

Today is Simone's birthday so I bought her roses. We had a nice breakfast with the kids and then we went to town to do something nice :-)

We went to Madame Tussaud in the city. I had never been so I was very curious...

Princess Beatrix. She was very well done.

J. Lo. I had to touch her lovely behind for which she is famous ;-) She didn't look too happy though...

Psssssss, James! Behind you!

And Fiona was there too. She's one tall mother of an ogre!

My favourite: Chantal Janzen ;-)

Geer...

... en Goor.

Freddie Heineken.

Lady Gaga.

Vincent and Vincent.

One of the best was Herman Brood I think.

Afterwards we walked back through the Kalverstraat, one of the busiest shopping streets in the city. It's all shops there and tons of people, I actually loathe walking here but hey... But if you look up, you can enjoy some more old scenery.

We went inside the Parrot-church. It's a hidden church with a very little entrance but there's actually a rather large church behind it, quite surprising. They still had the baby jesus display inside.

And eventhough it's winter, there was time for icecream. I had never been here but Simone knew this place. Their icecream is a mix of normal icecream with nearly frozen whipped cream. It was delicious!

It was a day very well spent :-)

No comments: