Saturday, February 7, 2015

Changing spark plugs is not cool

I went home early morning to pick up a few things and then go see my car. It was very cold.

Geese flew over while waiting for the bus. It was very quiet, which I liked.

First thing on the list was putting back the instrument panel. It sits nicely again, another project finished.

Next up was replacing spark plugs. Well F* that! I removed the only one that was reasonably accessible. All the other spots are a real pain in the ass to reach. I don't see how people do it without getting the entire engine out...
Anyway, the plug I removed was in surprisingly good condition. In fact so good that I put it back. Shitty plugs is not likely the cause of my starting issue.

So then it had to go back but you can see the hole without using a mirror or a phone. Just lovely...

So I had to put it in by feeling. After a while I got it right and fixed it by hand. Then gave it another 15 degrees and that was that, I thought. Then, I spent 45 minutes getting the damn socket off!

Removing spark plugs from my engine ain't fun!

I also looked at the distributor. Never seen anything like it so that was kinda cool to see.

Sparkling... Also unlikely to be the cause of my starting issue. To be continued...

No comments: