Saturday, November 14, 2015

Removing the power steering pump

Simone had to work today so I drove down to my Mustang and work on the fuel pump. I had a lot of time so I thought I'd retry replacing the fuel pump. And what a nice opportunity to see both my cars ;-) I gotta say, I like them both a lot.

Today's target area. The power steering pump sits right above the fuel pump. Since I don't have a means of getting under the car in a safe manner, I'm going in from above which means I need to move one pump out of the way to get to the other...

Well, moving the power steering pump was very easy. I then took the rubber fuel hose off and replaced it with a new one. This was a bit of a frustrating job coz the hose was 8mm which is a tad small but in the end I got it hooked up to the main fuel line.

And then I found out I needed wrenches in inches and not in millimeters... So I could not remove the fuel pump. Need to get a new set of wrenches first... To be continued.

No comments: