Saturday, November 26, 2016

The cars

It was the coldest morning sofar this fall.

Brrrrrr...

At home it was warm and Silver was keeping a close eye on my lunch.

In the afternoon Simone and I went to look at cars because my boss has offered to get me a lease car.  We went to dealerships for Ford, Peugeot, Skoda, Volkswagen, Opel and Alfa Romeo.

At the Ford dealer, I had to try the new Mustang of course ;-)

The car looks awesome.

But inside it is surprisingly small and cramped for me (I'm a tall guy).

One of the only 2 serious options that we encountered were this Opel Astra Sports Tourer. Very roomy, very comfy, very nice design and very well priced.

The other option was this Volkswagen Golf Sports van. Very well build car, the seats are a fair bit higher than other cars which is very nice. Incredible amounts of leg room in front and in the back.
It's a bit more expensive though and I don't like the design as much as the Opel. Also we'd still need a roof case when travelling.

It's not gonna be an easy decision...

Coincidentally we ran into a paper that had an article about a test of exactly the cars I am interested in. Enlarge to view the (readable) original photo.

1 comment:

marian said...

zou voor de opel gaan, golf is erg gewild bij mensen die het niet zo nauw nemen met het mijn en dein, duitse degelijkheid!