Sunday, November 6, 2016

The compression test

I went to my Mustang this morning to make good use of the day and run a compression test on each cylinder. I started by removing all the spark plugs. I noticed that the ones on the "colder" side were coloured a bit darker. I'm not sure if this means anything really...

I decided to start my tests on the hardest to reach cylinder which is number 8 and is closest to the driver. It's hard to reach because the powersteering lines and the brake booster are in that area as well. I hooked up the equipment and cranked the engine (without ignition and with WOT - Wide Open Throttle). Cylinder number 8 compressed to 9 bar (130psi). So that was the good part...

The bad part is that I was unable to get out the part which is left in this picture and after one hour of trying I gave up and left the car otherwise I'd have had to throw something ;-)

So now I have to figure out how to get this removed so I can test the other 7 cylinders. I left very frustrated because I had planned to do this, I made the time for it and finally I would know the state of my engine! But I still do not :-(

To be continued...

At home we watched AZ - Ajax which was fun. Very energetic game, fun to watch. It ended 2-2...

No comments: