Saturday, December 10, 2016

Did a few things on the Mustang

I went to my Mustang today again, finally. I had hood studs to install but once I had them on and closed the hood I noticed the hood was actually not leaning on them. So, should they go like above?

Or should they go like this? Like this though, when I closed to hood, I notice the hood curved more leaving a bigger gap so these studs seem too high. What to do?

The main goal of today was to install a Pertronix Ignitor II and Flamethrower II. I thought I was going to replace the original points but to my surprise there was an older Pertronix system installed which I replaced instead. Unfortunately, the car still wouldn't start, although it did cough a bit which is more than before. But really I think I'll have to address the timing next...

No comments: