Sunday, September 17, 2017

The King Cruise

There was another King Cruise today. It's a meeting for American cars, very cool and really the only one of its kind in Amsterdam. Initially I wanted to drive up with my Mustang but the weather forecast was really shit and then one of my rear tyres deflated so my car ain't going nowhere anytime soon :-/ But my other car was fine so i went to have a look. The weather turned out to be really nice and, surprise surprise, Simone said she'd come along! Cool :-)

We got there a bit too early but that way some cool cars were easy to photograph and we could also see and hear them arriving, which was cool.

There were at least 4 7123 Mustangs which is a lot, I have never seen so many early 70's Mustangs in one meeting.

Here are some photos I took. Enjoy!












Engine of the above '55 Chevy.





Just before we left I spotted this 'vette. I walked up and had a chat with the owners. They let me take a seat behind the wheel which was a bit of an adventure since the cabin is surprisingly small! But also their steering column was fixed and normally it could've gone up a bit more. I reckon I'll fit in one with a flexible steering wheel and a seat that can go back. Anyway, it was really cool to be behind the wheel, very cool car, real 2 seater sports car!

No comments: