Thursday, November 29, 2007

Fishy, fishy fishy!

Very nice breakfasts get served in the Murphy-Thoelen residence.

On our morning walk we saw a lot of different very colourfull flowers. I don't know their names but the pictures will speak for themselves.









This little cottage looks very traditional.

In Perth, "Bean-a-bouts" are all the new rage. They're rapidly replacing all round-a-bouts! ;-)

Maurice prepared a very nice salad for lunch.

In the afternoon we went to the beach to try out our new snorkelsets that we were given by my ex colleagues and my in-laws.

Saw a pretty little flower along the way. Colours here are just booming.

The water wasn't too cold which made it a rather pleasant swim. Here Birgitte shows her own snorkel outfit.

Nicole was also thrilled to be in the sea again.

Nicole and I quickly posing. This was not easy as there was a pretty strong current all the time. It was very hard to sit still in the water. (Photo by Birgitte)

Maurice on his body board trying desperately to catch a wave. (Photo by Birgitte)

This little big fishy was swimming around us.

There was also a crab hiding in his little hole.

All that boarding makes you tired so the girls had to lift Maurice out of the water.

After swimming we went for a tiny beach walk. (Photo by Birgitte)

Nicole on our way back to the car.

On our way home we went to a lookout spot called "Peppermint grove". From there you could see almost over the whole city of Perth. (Photo by Birgitte)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool die onderwaterfoto's!

Vincent said...

@ Ilse: Yeah, nice eh? AFTER we took them we found out the camera actually has a special underwater setting... Duh!

Friðvin said...

those red flowering plants were called "bottle brushes" in LA. We had one.

How the fuck did you two manage to get so many pictures up so fast? I've been checking in on your two blogs daily, and all of a sudden I feel like I'm a week behind!

Vincent said...

@ Kona: Thanks for the info regarding the plants! In The NL I had a hard time remembering the names and now there are 5000 new kinds waiting for me here...

About the uploading. We even only used 1 connection and 1 upload computer! ;-) But I prepared mine on my mac. I think both Nic and I needed about 2 hours each to sort out the pics we wanted for the blog. Then we both needed 30 minutes for all the resizing. And uploading them and writing would have taken about 2.5 hours each. So that's about 5 hours per person but we started already the night we arrived. Then Nic did her blog in the morning + afternoon. I prepared mine in the afternoon and uploaded in the evening.

I tell you one thing though, I'm glad I'm done. At the moment of writing this comment I only have one picture. Missed the carwash moment this morning (so did Nicole btw). And the pic I do have is of a bloody license plate. Nothing exciting. Should make a nice and easy upload tonight though ;-)