Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The webcam

These little guys are not really little anymore. They're getting ready to fly out.

This is their mother or father. I think it's their mother.

I took this picture for Kees. A proper Australian "Ute".

During lunch I stood on Victoria square and Nicole could see me through one of the Adelaide City council's webcams. I'm the little guy all the way at the front.

After work I took the O-bahn again, down to Modbury.

Our team won the third game out of four tonight. I didn't play too well my self though.

6 comments:

kees said...

Thanks for the Ute photo. I guess you need one when the front wheel of your bicycle is missing...

Vincent said...

@ Kees: Hehe, when I looked at the photo a second time I noticed the bike as well. It reminded me of Amsterdam a lot ;-)

Anonymous said...

what's o-bahn?

Anonymous said...

i mean i see but is it any different from normal rail? it looks dead narrow from there

Vincent said...

@ Gled: There is no rail. It's a concrete track. The thin white line on the concrete is dirt. It is quite narrow but it works remarkably well.

munchie said...

There's O-Bahn videos on YouTube if you're interested:
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=EAsjgE2-stg

There have been surprisingly few "incidents" over the years, just some rare speed-related derailments - plus the occasional idiot trying to drive their car along the track:
http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/story/0,22606,22868285-5006301,00.html