Friday, December 5, 2008

The cookies/biscuits

On our way to work, we passed these two ladies. One of them was wearing nice evening wear, at 7:55 in the morning. You can't see it very well, but the photo is nice nevertheless.

This is what I drink during lunch: Nippy's. South Australian (in Adelaide, actually) produced orange juice made from (I believe) Australian oranges. Read the funny story about how they started. The suburb of Kilburn is next door of us. This is THE best orange juice in the world. The only fresher juice is home made. And yeah, it's addictive.

The Christmas tree is now finished and Santa has left lots of pressies for me. Unfortunately I'm only allowed to look at them...

On the way back to work I donated a little bit of money to a charity to fight poverty. They gave me a sticker.

In the afternoon I found these cookies in the kitchen. I think my boss' wife has been baking again with the kids. Apparently in Australia, 'cookies' do not exist. They are called 'biscuits'. 'Cooky' is American. In Dutch however we have both and they actually refer to different baked products. The 'biscuits' in Dutch are very plain, always crisp, and very milky. Dutch 'cookies' however are the more flavoursome type. They can also contain things like chocolate chips or raisins etc.

After work we went to Henley Beach square for dinner. The best Thai restaurant in town is here I think. If I still had my restaurant critique site, this is how I'd rate it (scale 1-10 where 10 is best):
- Food: 9
- Service: 8.5
- Hygiene: 8
- Atmosphere: 8.5
- Value for money: 8.5

Do your self a favour and go there. It's called "Thai Orchid".

Afterwards we walked up the jetty a bit.

I love the beach. It's such a cool place. It's the end of the world, land turns in to water and there is beautiful fresh wind.

The jetty.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hier zie je nu ook in woonkamers al meer kerstbomen komen. Ik ben nog in sinterklaasstemming, dus dan is zo'n kerstboom wel vreemd hoor.