Thursday, January 1, 2009

The cyclists

We liked yesterdays breakfast at Scoozi's so much that we made it our first breakfast of 2009 as well. We shared the terrace with lots of cyclists. I had a few happy new year phone calls with my mom and dad, my sister and Mic and Mickey.

The rest of the day was spent at home. We did laundry. I had a nap and now I feel out of it. I looked in to OS X programming (Objective C) a bit. I decided I'm going to order this train-set which will launch me in to the digital era of mode railroading. I played some online poker against eight other people, came third and thus made US$2. I'm gonna be so rich man... I hand-fed the doves and I fixed some paint on to-be fountain parts. Oh, and I also played guitar again. There is this song called '39 from Queen that I once learned. It's a good song for practising I think. I can't play anything else but it did refresh some of the chords in my memory.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Vi,

can you recommend any good 'guitar for beginners' books? I inherited my Dad's guitar and I was thinking of going to take lessons at the 'music school' but that's so not my thing.

Jo

Vincent said...

@ Jo: Not really, I never used a book. I only have a book that shows all possible chords. It's just a reference. Sorry.