Friday, May 29, 2009

Melbourne day two

There is an Irish pub close by. They sell Bulmers cider but I -think- it's the English one instead of the Irish one.

Hanging out in Melbourne after breakfast, recharching my phone.

Lots of morning traffic.

Nicole in Melbourne. She was pretty tired.

Nicole picking her nose (not really!) at the German embassy while waiting for forms to be filled out to get her new passport.

We walked from the embassy in to town through the botanical gardens.

There are also lots of European trees that are dropping leaves now.

It was a very pleasant walk.



Then we walked past my future... ;-)

And we walked past this musicall art. Lots of bells playing little melodies.

A ferris wheel.

I think because it was lunch time, there were a LOT of runners walking everywhere.

Over the tracks.

Parliament house.

In the evening we were waiting for Angeli and Ruud, people we only knew through Nicole's blog. They recently immigrated and since we were in town we thought we'd have a bit of dinner together. We waited for them opposite the train station.

It got dark before we found a restaurant.

Marisa, Nicole, Angeli and Ruud. (spot the Dutchie!)

Angeli drinking her first wine in a year's time.


Marisa and Ruud.

It was lovely to meet them and I hope their immigration will be most successful! :-)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hoi Vincent,

We had a great time Friday evening.
I enjoyed everything - the people we were with, the beautiful Italian food at Il Gusto on the south bank, the stroll along the Yarra & the pub with the delicious cider you introduced me to. It was an unforgettable evening and I hope we have them later in Adelaide.

You know why I am so tall? Because my head takes up 25% of my total body length! :O Some people call me "Neck". ;)

We are looking forward to drive along the Great Ocean
Road and stay in Port Fairy, etc.
We are looking forward to meeting you in the future again, and having you take us on a culinary tour of SA. :) You're really great people.

Groetjes,
Ruud

PS: May we stay with Frank & Estelle, and does she know how to cook paella? ;)

Vincent said...

@ Ruud:

Hey mate. Yeah, it was very nice meeting you guys. Sorry about leaving the pub so abrupt, it was just getting too loud so I used my best Dutch charms to get out of there ;-)

I'm sure you will discover much more new food and drinks here!

We would love to give you a tour around Adelaide. We have already discussed a few places we'd like to take you guys ;-)

I'm not sure about the paella but I'll put in a good word for you in regards to the staying part.

Take it easy! :-)

Anonymous said...

It was lovely meeting you & Nic the other night Vincent. You have a dry, dead-pan sense of humor which I really found funny (the 1/2 bottle of red wine I scoffed down probably had something to do with it ;).

You guys are always welcome to bunk down at our place in Geelong the next time you come to Melbourne.

Take it easy and see you in November!

Groetjes,
Angeli

Vincent said...

@ Angeli: I try to be as entertaining as possible which is always easier when my guests drink a few drops ;-)

We're looking forward to your visit :-)