Thursday, August 27, 2009

Confused

Bus lane, or bicycle lane from 7-10AM. WTF? On the road there were the letters "BL" but also pictures of a bicycle. It was close to 9AM when we passed and that lane was full of cars. It was all very confusing to me.

There was a fire alarm close by. Naturally, there was nothing going down.

For lunch I bought Chili con carne with chicken but I made a mistake. I ordered it in a wrap. It's a miracle I didn't get anything on my clothes.

For the second time this week I had to look at this granny shoving her pensioners card in my face on the bus. It reads "The holder is a valued member of our community. Please extend every courtesy and assistance.". I looked up the criteria to become a "valued member of our community" and they are:
  • you are aged 60 years or older and
  • you are a permanent Australian resident and
  • you are not working more than an average 20 hours per week in paid employment

I guess I won't be a valued member of our community for a while...

1 comment:

CRAIG said...

So if Oumatjie flashes her card are you supposed to give up your seat or give her a discount or congratulate her!