Sunday, September 6, 2009

If we were Mason's ball...

(click to enlarge)
We had a breakfast appointment in town today. So we arrived at the Rundle market at 9:15. If you click this photo to see the bigger version, you can see how the city of Adelaide looks very much like a wild-west town. It just needs a dirt road, really.

This is my favorite shop. A lady who sells bags that she made her self. I hate bags but I have great admiration for someone undertaking this and being successful. Her stall shits on the others that sell chemical candy or Amsterdam raggy clothes.

We met Stephen for breakfast. It was very nice to see him again and we were honored that he managed to free up time from his overly bust study-schedule :-)

When we came home, the pigeons were sunbathing on our lawn.

(click to enlarge)
This is what you would see if you were Mason's ball. Quite the view don't you think?

I mowed the front lawn today. I think our lawn mower is giving up. I wanted to look what was wrong but it's put together in such a way that you cannot open it up. That pisses me off these days...

(click to enlarge)
I sat down in our garden with mason to clean my bowls. They are coming to The Netherlands with me and I'm planning to bring Night Owls bowls back with me as well!

5 comments:

CRAIG said...

Wow, Adelaide does look like some town in the Wild West....couple horses, a stage coach or two.

And Mason---I swear he's Dingo

Vincent said...

@ Craig: Yeah, totally wild west. Even the mentality is there sometimes hehe. Lots of people think mason is a dingo.

Anonymous said...

Kun je die sport hier ook spelen eigenlijk?

Leuke foto van Mason trouwens!

Vincent said...

@ Ilse: Lawn bowls is in Nederland heel erg kleinschalig en ook heel erg alleen voor ouderen heb ik het idee. Misschien dat ik het voor elkaar krijg om in de zomer een veld te huren en een eigen toernooi kan organiseren. De ouderen spelen vooral door de week, dan werken alle jongere mensen...

marian said...

ik denk dat lawn bowls hier in nederland koers bal heet, wordt hier in de vlijthof (bij de mare) gespeeld inderdaad door ouderen.