Saturday, January 2, 2010

Exciting shopping!

It had snowed a bit in the morning.

This is what we used to call a "neger zoen" in Dutch. It means "negro kiss" though and these days it's not found politically correct anymore. So they got renamed to just "zoen". I don't care at all, as long as I can eat them now and again.

Yummy cream on the inside.

Today I noticed that I was lucky my window was closed. Apparently a little rocket exploded against it and could have flown inside. You can clearly see the trail on the window still. It even bounced off the side...

I left the house only once today, for shopping. It had frozen quite a bit.

I got some exciting things to try like a Korma sauce and apple pie mix.

I also bought a kilo of chicken fillet and a kilo of mince that I wrapped in separate bags and put in the freezer. I managed to ~grab~ exactly 1/3 of the mince in one go, I'm so good! ;-P

3 comments:

Ilse said...

Zo, dat is mazzel van die vuurpijl, zeg!
Zeg, wat is korma? Het lijkt wel pindakaas en waar gebruik je het voor?

Hier heeft het gisteren weer hevig gesneeuwt, alles ziet weer heel wit buiten en op buienradar komen er nog wat buien aan. Het is wel prachtig buiten zeg!

Vincent said...

@ Ilse: Korma is een saus gemaakt van cashew noten. Het is Indiaas en erg romig. Ontzettend lekker om stukjes kip in the koken. Beetje rijst erbij en klaar :-)

Ilse said...

Oh, ik zal er eens op letten en het eens testen. Ik ben benieuwd.