Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Finally.

I went to the mall early morning and a lot of crows were making a lot of noise in a tree.

The mall.

I practiced a lot of theory test for the Dutch driving license. The Dutch have a ridiculous set of rules, really. So far I passed 2 but failed 4. But I do know the failed questions now though. It was quite fun to do.

And then, finally after 3.5 months waiting, my stuff from Australia arrived. It's all there. Mostly undamaged. The piece that needed to be handled most carefully of all of course has a few scratches on it, my didgeridoo. Fortunately they are on the black top part and not in the pictures.
It took my dad, the two delivery guys and me 1.5 hours to get my stuff out and put it away mostly. That's nice. Not so nice is that I am still recovering from a severe cold and that I am now so exhausted that I actually feel ill... I wish I had cookies...

(Click to enlarge)
I am reunited with my beautiful didgeridoo again. I am really happy it's with me again, sorry it's not showing, I'm a bit pooped...

3 comments:

Teezy said...

Hey Vincent-

I am glad that you are feeling better. I recently had a piano shipped from California to New Mexico—I was irritated that it took three weeks—I can't imagine having to be without my personal belongings for over three months.

So, are you going to become the Mark Atkins of the Netherlands? The didgeridoo is a remarkable instrument. I just don't think that I could ever be able to master the circle breathing thing.

I haven't had the opportunity to hear the Atkins "Concerto" in it's entirety, but I was told that it is almost a full hour long. That's what I call stamina.

Ilse said...

Oh, dus hij is wel lichtjes beschadigd, zonde! Terwijl je hem goed had ingepakt. Hij is trouwens wel heel mooi!
Blij dat je je spullen eindelijk dicht in de buurt hebt en beterschap:-)

Vincent said...

@ Teezy: My nose is almost always somewhat blocked so I'm not sure if I will ever be able to master the circular breathing but I'm trying :-)

@ Ilse: Het is gelukkig op een onbelangrijke plaats.