Friday, March 5, 2010

The heron

My little bonsai dropped a lot of leaves which got me quite worried at first. However, it has started producing a lot of new leaves!

This grey heron was in the middle of the sidewalk. When I came close it flew on top of a car. It wasn't too bothered by me.Stunning sight.

The cleaners continue to strike...

The cleaning operation of the burned out building continues as well. It's actually going pretty fast.

An Adelaidian scene: Fire trucks without fire opposite my work.

30 minutes before lunch, 5 colleagues put out a combined birthday treat. Different pastry things, very tasty.

We were happy people.

Out neighbours working on their next project.

In this photo we see my colleague Geert screwing around with my colleague Walter's chair. We are hoping that Walter will not read this blog before Monday morning so that we can all enjoy the moment he's going to sit down in his chair then. I must not be late Monday ;-)

My colleague Sylvester checking out my blog. People like peeking in to other people's life. I'm sure they just want to fin that one picture which will embarrass me. Well guys, stiff shit. Such a thing does not exist :-)

My ferry on the way home. I went out for dinner and then had a few pints at the pub.

On my way home I saw this screen showing pictures from Amsterdam, a while ago.

4 comments:

Gledwood said...

what the hell was the heroin doing there?

by the way at first glance i thought you were talking about drugs without the "i"...(!!)

Vincent said...

@ Gledwood: When they can't find enough food they come closer and closer...

Ilse said...

Er zitten veel knoppen in je bonsai! Gelukkig maar, ik weet niet of het gebruikelijk is dat ze eens in de zoveel tijd hun blaadjes verliezen. Zouden ze net als echte, normale bomen zijn?

Vincent said...

@ Ilse: Het ZIJN echte bomen. Ze zijn alleen in een kleine pot geplaatst waardoor ze niet groot kunnen groeien.