Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The scare.

My colleague Sylvester came to offer me lollipops. I didn't take any, I don't want the sugar.

Pink ribbons. The answer is NO! ;-P

I went to the war memorial service that is held every May 4th at 8PM. There is a 2 minute silence and the royal family is there as well. The lady in the short skirt is princes Maxima. In front of her is our crown prince Alexander. Then a lady who I did not recognise and then the Dutch queen Beatrix.

The view towards the war memorial monument. There were a few thousand people packed together to be there.

Unfortunately this happened (filmed by someone standing about 10-15 meters to my right.) and I hid behind a truck. Other people climbed on top of a police car so that they wouldn't get squashed. Some moron started roaring and scared people. A small fight started and a briefcase was dropped. People got scared and a panic made the mob move aggressively in my direction...

Hiding behind the truck... The 2 minute silence was actually beautiful, until the screaming started.

4 comments:

Gledwood said...

I thought the Dutch were such a civilized people!! That's the type of thing you'd expect in London, not Amsterdam!

Is Princess Maxima the one from Australia? Or am I confusing her with somone else?

devra said...

Is that No as in No, or No as in Maybe?.... ting-a-ling!

Vincent said...

@ Gled: Maxima is Argentinian.

@ Dev: Naughty! ting-a-ling! lol

Ilse said...

Thank god it was no bom. It was just a grazy man who is known by the police. He has been cought many times because of using violence and dealing/using drugs.
Unfortunately they have to let him go at 11:00 this morning, because the only thing they can blame him of is strating panic in een group of people.