Saturday, September 11, 2010

The animal festival (kinda...)

I played gin rummy in the morning. Starting with an arse-kicking 80 point game! Only 20 more to victory!

But no... I ended up getting my arse kicked afterall... How shall I put it? I was not amused...

Early afternoon I drove my bicycle to the East side of town to attend the 2nd edition of Animal festival. A small festival organised by some folks I know.

I crossed the Amstel river.

The invite said it would start at noon. I arrived just before 1PM and things were still being put up. I was the 2nd person to arrive actually...

It started to look nice though. And a 3rd guest showed up, surely more people would follow soon?

Kees waiting for the storm...

Djox, one of the organisers.

Flevopark looked nice today.

The festival terrain.

They organised things very well except that around 2AM there was still hardly anybody there.

So Kees and I went for coffee.

Kees.

Later on, bracelet-woman and Eamonn joined us ;-)

Petra looking good in the sun.

Around 16:30 people finally started dropping in. The first gig was supposed to start at 17:00 I believe. I doubt there would've been more than 15 people at that time. Anyway, Petra, Eamonn, Kees and I left. We got bored and tired of waiting. I have to say I was a bit disappointed. But, at least I got to lie down in the sun with nice music and have a chat with at least a couple of friends. Kees tried to tame the beast ;-)

In the evening I went to Mulligans coz there was a nice band playing. Due to circumstances I can't go out that late right now as I'm really watching my sleep.

So I left before midnight.

2 comments:

devra said...

I'm still basking in the glory... the look on your face was priceless :-p

Vincent said...

I'm glad you enjoyed it :-)