Saturday, October 9, 2010

Kees entertaining the ladies...

On the Rozengracht early arvo.

I went pasr Wil Graanstra's chips shop to say hello. I know Wil for about... shees ehm...13 years I think. I first started buying his chips when I had just moved to Amsterdam. Quite good chips. But Wil is a special person. Somehow his little chips shop feels like the centre of the universe. We discussed meditation today. At the end he wished me good fortune. And I wished him the same. Now I'll prolly not see him for 6 months.

Students were having boat races through the canals.

In the late afternoon I went to Kees' work. The institute he works for (NIKHEF) and some other ones at the science park had an open day. When I got there, Kees was entertaining the ladies with his magic tricks ;-)

Kees has his own office.

Kees in his professional habitat.

(Click to enlarge)
When i got home again I had dinner and watched the first episode of the BBC series Mastercrafts. It was about greenwood-working. Very interesting to see. This is an old version of a lathe. Pretty awesome. If I had a garden I'd make one as well.

Then later I went to Mulligans to see Gerrit. We had a nice chat and quite a few drinks and then i went home. Some cnut put up a fence blocking my way. Not impressed!

My shadow was pretty fast tonight but I kept up well.

No comments: