Saturday, October 29, 2011

Eurospoor 2011

I got on a real train shortly after 9:30 in the morning. I went to Eurospoor 2011 in Utrecht. The biggest model railroad fair in Europe. There are loads of displays and loads of shops, new and second hand. The latter being the most interesting.

And if you think model railroading is dead, think again. It was very busy. There were 5 line-ups to get in.

(Click to enlarge)
Old Dutch rail stock.

(Click to enlarge)
Fantasy yards.

(Click to enlarge)
More old Dutch rail stock.

(Click to enlarge)
Some displays are huge and need several people to be operated.

(Click to enlarge)
Some people prefer to take photos of the scenery.

(Click to enlarge)
Small train passing an old factory in another fantasy layout.

(Click to enlarge)
Long cargo train passing.

(Click to enlarge)
The scenery can get pretty realistic, even if it's 87 times smaller than real size (H0-scale).

(Click to enlarge)
This display was fantastic. It was completely covered by snow, very sparkly, drawing a lot of attention.

(Click to enlarge)
Close up from one end.

(Click to enlarge)
Very old Hornby models.

(Click to enlarge)
Beautiful old trains in a 50's setting.

(Click to enlarge)
I couldn't leave empty handed of course. I was hoping to find this model and on all 20,000 square metres of shops there were only 2 models in 1 of the shops. They must be getting rare. Here's a wikipedia page on them (in Dutch): http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motorpost.

I left soon after I made my purchase so that I wouldn't be completely broke when I got home ;-)

When I got back home I remembered I hadn't blogged my new key "hanger". It's actually magnetic, very handy.

I also hung up my Irish blessing. I'm still very happy with it :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you must have felt like a pig in the mud ;)) love vicky x