Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Making a hole

My colleagues Ira and Bjorn with whom I worked very hard to get a certain piece of software finished. It's all looking good. It's going live in little over a week. Very exciting!

The main entrance of Central Station has opened again. It's been closed for many years. I wonder if it's permanent. I'm not a big fan of how it looks to be honest... I have the feeling it's temporary because the inside isn't really finished yet.

I needed to do a bit of homely DIY: making metal holes in a shirt for halloween. This is one of the "holes". I have no idea what they're really called so I'll just call them "holes".

Now, the hole is fixed on to a piece of cloth by this little helper device. Problem was that the anvil part is a little too big for the "hole" to fit. The "hole" you see, needs to curl open to the outside when the anvil part is hammered down on it. But because it doesn't fir properly it works a bit shit.

We no like shit so we fix. A-huh.

So I hammered this center pointer in it to widen the opening.

Opening widened just enough.

I did a test and it worked beautifully. See how the metal has curled to the outside?

Put through a little hole in the cloth and fix! Nice!

Karin sent me pictures of Mason in his new dog house. It looks great and so does Mason :-)

2 comments:

Gianna said...

Good to see the little fella again. I've missed Mason!

Vincent said...

Yeah. I miss him as well. I loved having him around :-)