Friday, January 20, 2012

The train repairs

Early morning I went to check in at Cake loves coffee to see how things were going and they were going well.

I had a chat with mom and dad on Skype. They're coming over on Sunday.

Then I went out again to get little lights for in a model train locomotive. In the shop they were selling a tiny milling machine and when I started a little chat about it with the shop keeper she gave me this brochure which is very interesting because apparently there is a whole range of "mini" equipment for sale that I would loooooove to have in my workshop!

(Click to enlarge)
I also ran into this... whatever it is. Maybe the person played too much WoW and started making shoulder pads....

At home I wanted to repair a model train that I bought as a defect. It was a mess indeed. Someone has been poking around in it with a soldering iron.

(Click to enlarge)
This was the worst... The back metal strip that's acting as a spring and relays the power from the wheel to the chassis has been replaced by a stiff piece of copper wire and attached with a huge blob of solder.

(Click to enlarge)
I replaced it with a new spring I cut off another un-used part and soldered it on very nice.

After I put the train back together it was working again :-)

No comments: