Friday, February 3, 2012

The Secret Sisters

Walking to work I saw the canal had frozen over. Yep, it's cold!

While at work it started snowing. Quite hard as well. It put certain parts of the country to a stand still.

(Click to enlarge)
My colleague Bjorn brought his dog Boots to work today. Boots is cool. And he's a good boy. It's very hard to get him to pose though but eventually he sat down, huffing and puffing through his little nose.

At the end of the day only 1 mini-bus was available so I let women and children go first... I had to walk through the (at some parts wet and muddy) snow with my sneakers.

I was meeting Marjolein at the station but the snow had also fucked up railroad traffic and she was 40 minutes late.

It was a nuthouse and by the time she arrived my feet were partly wet and freezing.

After a quick bite at my place we went to a concert by the English band Bellowhead.

(Click to enlarge)
Their opening act were the Secret Sisters. Their voices blew me away! I bought their cd right away. It's a pity we got in so late that we missed two thirds of their concert...

(Click to enlarge)
Bellowhead is a big band. Eleven members on stage. Their music was not like anything I had heard before really. This is one side of the stage...

(Click to enlarge)
... and that's the other side. Very lively, energetic band. Bit odd that we were all seated...

No comments: