Saturday, June 16, 2012

Risky business

Mic, Gerrit, Eva and Nantko came over tonight to have dinner and play a game of Risk. We ordered Indian take-away at 19:30 which was delivered at 21:15.

After wolfing down the food we finally managed to start at 22:00.

Basically the game went like this:
- I managed to get hold of South America early on.
- Eva tried to get hold of North America, which I kept preventing.
- The others were getting stronger because I was focussing on not letting Eva get away with North America.
- I got my first 10 extra armies and took Australia away from Nantko and Gerrit.
- I got tired of keeping Eva under control. Now that I was getting 4 armies every turn for 2 continents, I offered Eva a non-attack deal so that we could both focus on our assignment. She agreed. Very much disliked by Mic (fair enough)
- The deal worked out nice and allowed me to conquer Africa as well.
- Just before I was about to conquer 24 territories for my assignment, Eva completed her assignment for which she needed 3 continents.

Eva manages to win at least 1 game of Risk or settlers of Catan every single time we play. Maybe it's the little bit of German blood in her ;-)

1 comment:

Gledwood said...

Dutch dinners always look so cultural and intellectual!