Thursday, August 9, 2012

I got my driver's license!

In reasonable secrecy, I took my driver's test this morning at 8 o'clock. Only a few people knew.

I passed. Beforehand I was nervous like hell and I thought I hadn't made did when we drove back. But I did.

Now I'm incredibly happy :-)

My mom and dad didn't know and their jaws dropped when I told them. I was too late making the picture they were quite happy with the news.

For me it's a big thing in several ways. I'm 38 now so basically 20 years late. I'm catching up ;-) But I also got my driver's license in Australia which i had to give up after moving back. Not having a license here felt like a big step backwards. So I have caught up again with that crappy bit of my past.

I went to work in the afternoon.

Colleagues who had found out by then put up a funny sign on my door... Thank Paul, much appreciated! :-)

When I went home I saw the swan family. They're still complete. The youngsters are turning in to beautiful swans. Funny how one stays dark. I have no idea why...

In the evening I went out for food and drinks with Gerrit and marjolein. it was a fun evening and I did really need some relaxation as the last few days had been very stressful due to my driver's test.

it was a very good day :-)

5 comments:

marian. said...

/Je bent een laat bloeier, maar alles op z'n tijd!!
Fijne vakantie!!

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS, well done !

Anonymous said...

Comment above is from Vicky ! So excited to put my name down ! Go Vincent! Vivky :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats!
Ruud en Angeli ;-)

Vincent said...

Thanks guys! :-)