Friday, August 10, 2012

Scotland, day 1: Glasgow.

Yesterday I passed my driving test and today I'm going on holiday! No time to pick up my license but I'm not in a rush :-)

Marjolein and I are going to Scotland for 2 weeks. We'll be hitting Glasgow, Harris and Lewis.

I ran in to Nijntje at the airport. She sends her regards.

There's a whisky shop as well and we had a look. I thought this was rather excessive.

Until I saw this bottle... There's a diamond in there somewhere...

Our aircraft.

We got to the hotel and luckily they had room for us! Our booking for 3 nights somehow got messed up and we were only booked for the last night. Luckily enough they found us rooms for the other 2 nights as well! Great start of the holiday!

We had dinner at the wee curry shop close to our hotel. It's a tiny little Indian resto where Marjolein had been before. The food was fantastic as was the atmosphere. Lovely dinner!

After dinner we walked in to town a bit. Glasgow ain't a pretty town I find.

Was communism here? I saw buildings like this in former yugoslavia...

We heard of a piping gig close by and had a look. Paid 15 pounds to get in, was s'posed to start at 10PM but it only started just after 10:30PM. I was knackered and not up for the noise so i wanted to leave which we did at 11. Have to admit that this guy was a good piper. He's from Spain, where a bagpipe scene developed independently from the one in Scotland. I didn't know that!

No comments: