Saturday, September 15, 2012

Bentheim castle

My folks gave me a little birthday pressie. It's a cookbook for hungry men! I like it very much. It's got all the good recipes in it :-)

In the afternoon we visited Bentheim castle in Germany.

It's a cool castle.

Little watchtowers everywhere.

My mom in the castle's chapel.

Bird-stairs.

There were lots of lead glass windows of birds. Somebody must've liked birds.





The castle is still partly inhabited. In the museum part there is a cabinet with photos of people who previously lived there and relatives. Amongst them was this lady. She's Queen Elisabeth of Romania. I don't know why but I love the picture.

We also went to the top of the tower from where you have a nice all-round view.

Ilse and Cassie. I think this is the best picture ever of the both of them.

Lunch. Curry wurst!

On the way home I bought my mom and me some whisky and I got the paper.

Later I baked pancakes.

And then it was monopoly time!

I lost. Badly...

No comments: