Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Bye bye 2013

Last day of the year. Public transport was empty. I like!

At work I joined the annual poker tournament.

I was out early. This was my table. Cute dealer but no good cards for me unfortunately.

Bjorn playing on the right.

We started with 46 players this year needing 5 tables. Biggest tournament in our company's history. Don't know who won because I left before it was over but whoever won took 800 euros home...

This was my real prize, I spent NY's eve with Ruud and Laurien. Over the last couple of years they have turned out to be wonderful people and very good friends. They've picked me up when I was down and out several times and I'm very grateful to have them in my life.

We chatted and laughed a lot.

Played Mario Kart for a while at which I totally sucked thank you very much ;-)

At midnight there was some Brute of course. Bubbles from Champagne, France.

I went out to look for fireworks.



I made these photos with my new iPhone 5s. I'm impressed. I so love this phone...

When I got home I checked my mail and found a nice card from Marjolein.

In 2013 I learned a lot about myself. I learned about emotions, love, death, friends, family and most of all to be true to myself and to give myself what I deserve instead of always looking out for others. Now I just need to find a matching tattoo ;-)

Hope you had a great New year's eve too!

No comments: