Saturday, January 18, 2014

The awesome Saturday

I met Mic at my car. He was helping me ditching the LPG tank, a job I've been dreading to do for months because I'm scared of the flammable gas. But man do I wanna get rid of that LPG crap in my car!

But it was a nice, clear and dry day so I felt like it was now or never.

Above I'm letting gas escape in the engine compartment just so that I don't have to do that in the trunk. I feel I'm more in control here... I needed to let it hiss for about 5 minutes.

The same pipeline being disconnected from the tank. No hissing.

Then I had to disconnect the filling pipeline. This, to me, was the scariest part. I put on the gloves just incase I would get freakin' cold liquid LPG on my hands. Safety during this job was VERY high on my priority list...

Funnily enough this turned out to be the easiest part of all. Except that the nut was very tight.

Mic preparing removal of the LPG tank's frame.

Bye bye tankie!

I was so relieved we managed to get it out. And not just that, really quick as well! And we managed to strip the car from all the LPG-crap up until the engine compartment. Nice!

Then I dropped by my friend Diewertje's place and picked up another plant and this outdoor plant-rack which I like a lot. It's outside now where it belongs ;-)

And Mic, he brought me a bottle of booze, for no reason! He is just the best friend I've ever had! :-)

Because I didn't think I had been busy enough today, I decided to go for a very long walk through town in the evening, walking along the boat-route of the Amsterdam Light Festival.

This is the starting point. A tower of light in the shape of the tower that once was actually there and which was part of the city walls.

I liked this one as well.

(click for a slightly larger version)
The skyline from the North.

This was my favourite piece. Origami tigers.

Projections on the sails of a ship.

A tree of light.

"Foggy lanterns". I liked this. It's original.

"Circle of light".

And a bed on the water. Nice one.

And then I came home and felt totally knackered ;-)

No comments: