Sunday, June 29, 2014

Putting back the valve cover

I went home from Simone's early morning but public transport was disrupted because a car was hit by a tram. After a while I decided to take the bus. Good call...

I went back to my car and with a specific tool called a "gasket remover", which I borrowed from Erik, Simone's sister's boyfriend. What a blessing that tool was! I scraped off every little bit of gasket that was stuck until the edge was totally clean and nothing (I could see) fell inside.

I then removed the old connector and gave the cover a bit of a clean.

Clean and now with the new connector.

I placed the new gasket and kept it in place by putting bits of metal wire in the holes for the screws.

The I put back the cover and screwed it back on.

Voila. Ready for the final step: attaching the hoses that complete the PCV system.

I had to leave early again, but not without buying ice cream again :-)

In the evening I watched Holland beat Mexico at Simone's.

Here Huntelaar is taking a penalty.

The Mexican goalie guessed wrong...

Later that evening there was a double rainbow :-)

No comments: