Friday, August 15, 2014

Bits of beautiful Amsterdam.

I worked half a day today because Cori was in town with her niece Audrey. We met up and had lunch at Rembrandtplein. There were clouds but also sun so we sat at St James' gate's terrace.

Audrey was keen on doing a little canal-tour so we hopped on a boat.

Lovely views from the water, especially since the weather was great.

(Click for larger version)
This is the Amsterdam that I think everybody should see. The Amstel river, big green trees on the side, small bridges, blue skies, big clouds. The canals really are just smaller version of this image but just as pretty.

A V.O.C ship replica.

House boats next to the Nemo museum.

In the middle there, that's Mulligans. My beautiful Irish pub that fits me like an old raincoat.



We also visited the Begijnhof which is a small community build for retired nuns. Not so much anymore today but there are still only women living there. I've been here many times but I had never been inside the English church. It was open so I had to hop in. It looked nice but it didn't make me Christian again, sorry ;-)

I very much liked this writing above the church entry.

After one more drink I walked the girls to their train back home. On the way I spotted this writing on a house we passed. I want to slap some colleagues around with it if I may...

No comments: