Saturday, September 13, 2014

41

I needed to do more shopping, beer as well. And I found a crate of Heineken with the superduper funky opener inside :-)

Also I needed to bake one more cake. It was the apple pie. And a very nice one it was indeed!

I got a lot of people over for my birthday today which was really, really nice! My house was nearly too small for all of them to fit. Early evening only Mic, Mickey, Noortje, Marjolein, Simone and Larissa were left.

This year's pressie-theme seemed to be "whisky and cars". Whisky because of all the booze I got and cars because most other pressies involved donations towards my little pony. I guess I better don't mix these two up ;-) I'm especially pleased with the little book on '76-ers coz it belonged to Simone's late father... I'll treat it well and I feel inspired to now collect other years as well.
I also got a photo of Simone, me and the kids which I like very much but for privacy reasons won't show here.

The "funniest present" award this year goes to Tanja and Patrick who gave me a puzzle of our new Dutch King and Queen. I will indeed finish this at some point and hang it up at work I think ;-)

I had a great birthday with all my family, in-laws, girlfriend and friends. Thanks guys!

No comments: